Many atheists have claimed that atheism entails that moral realism is false; many theistic apologists gleefully quote those atheists. But how do those atheists support their claim? This page provides an index to other Secular Outpost posts which discuss specific atheists’ arguments for the claim that atheism somehow supports moral nihilism or error theory.
- Coyne, Jerry (see here; cf. here, here, here)
- Dawkins, Richard (see here)
- “John” (see here and here)
- Mackie, J.L. (see here)
- Pigliucci, Massimo (see here)
- Provine, William (see here)
- Rosenberg, Alex (see here; cf. the comments here, here; cf. this article by Luke Muehlhauser; see also this book)
- Ruse, Michael (see here; cf. here, here, here; here)
- Amoral Atheism
- Amoral Atheism, Part 2
- Atheism and the Difference Between Consistency and Entailment
- The Poverty of Theistic Morality
This article is archived.