The Secular Outpost continues to grow! Dr. Jean Kazez is an atheist philosopher at Southern Methodist University. She earned her Ph.D. in philosophy at the University of Arizona at the same time our own Jim Lippard was studying there. Her books include Animalkind: What We Owe to Animals and The Weight of Things: Philosophy and the Good Life.
She has written about atheism occasionally on her own blog; her writings are very insightful and provocative. Some examples of her previous blog posts relating to atheism include the following.
- “Should Atheists Do Interfaith Work?“
- “I Was a Teenage Gnu Atheist“
- “Is Worship Morally Wrong?” (a thoughtful discussion of the new book, Reasonable Atheism: A Moral Case for Respectful Disbelief, by Scott Aikin and Robert Talisse)
- “Hard Atheism and Soft Atheism“
- “Feminism and Atheism“
- “James Wood on New Atheism“
Please welcome Dr. Kazez to The Secular Outpost!
This article is archived.